Barbecue Beef, Feta and Green Onion Rissoles Recipe
Quick, easy and delicious -- these beef, feta and green onion rissoles make a great weeknight meal.
- Serves 4
- 750g lean beef mince
- 1 egg
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, finely chopped
- 150g feta cheese, crumbled
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 loaf Turkish bread, cut into 4 pieces, halved
- 1 cup tabouli,
- 1/2 cup Greek-style yoghurt and lemon wedges, to serve
Combine mince, egg, onions, breadcrumbs, cumin, parsley and feta in a large bowl. Season with pepper. Mix well. Using 2 tablespoons mixture at a time, roll mixture into balls to make 16 rissoles. Flatten rissoles slightly.
Preheat a greased barbecue plate on medium heat. Cook rissoles, turning occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Try using a charcoal barbecue for a delicious smoky taste.
Spray both sides bread with oil. Barbecue for 1 to 2 minutes each side or until toasted. Transfer to a plate.
Place bread on serving plates. Top with tabouli and rissoles. Serve with yoghurt and lemon wedges.