Barbecue Cheese & Veggie Skewers Recipe
No need for knives and forks - these yummy skewers are made for little hands and big appetites.
- 2 small zucchini, ends trimmed, cut into 8 slices crossways
- 1 x 250g punnet cherry tomatoes
- 8 baby corn spears, halved crossways
- 1 small red capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 x 180g pkt haloumi, cut into 2cm pieces
- Sweet chilli sauce, to serve
- Reduced-fat sour cream, to serve
Preheat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium.
Thread the zucchini, tomatoes, corn, capsicum and haloumi onto 8 bamboo skewers.
Add the skewers to the grill and cook, turning occasionally, for 10 minutes or until the cheese is golden. Serve with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream.
Haloumi has a firmer texture and milder taste than feta, and the outside goes crisp and golden when it's cooked.
Try cooking over a gas barbecue for a really delicious and authentic taste.
You'll need to soak 8 bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes before threading on the vegies - this stops the skewers from burning on the barbie.