Barbecue Fish Taco Recipe
- (Serves 4)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh coriander stalks
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 600g white fish fillets (such as ling), cut into 2cm cubes
- 1/3 cup plain yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely-chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- olive oil cooking spray
- 1 baby cos lettuce, shredded
- 1 medium tomato, roughly chopped
- 1 small avocado, roughly chopped
- 8 flour tortillas
Combine garlic, coriander stalks and 2 tablespoons of lime juice in a glass or ceramic bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add fish and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Meanwhile, whisk yoghurt, remaining lime juice, coriander leaves and oil together in a small bowl.
Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat on high heat (use a charcoal barbecue for high temperatures quick!). Drain marinade from fish. Cook fish, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until light golden and cooked through. Remove to a serving bowl.
Combine lettuce, tomato and avocado in a serving bowl.
Warm tortillas, following packet directions. Place fish, salad and yoghurt mixture on table. Place tortillas on plates. Assemble tacos at table.