Sirloin with Red Wine Sauce
- (Serves 4)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (250g each) beef sirloin steaks, trimmed
- salad leaves and crusty bread, to serve
- Red wine and balsamic sauce
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup beef stock
Make sauce Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat (Use a charcoal barbecue for taste that's beyond delicious!). Add onion. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until very soft. Add vinegar. Cook for 30 seconds. Add flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Gradually add wine and stock, stirring constantly. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Season with pepper.
Meanwhile, cook steaks to your liking. Divide steaks between plates. Top with sauce. Serve with salad leaves and bread.