Barbecue Cajun Chicken Recipe
Always a favourite on my barbecue, Cajun chicken is easy to prepare and will go down a treat with your guests. This is the recipe that I normally use for it, where I create my own Cajun seasoning instead of buying one from the shop.
- Serves 4
- 4 skinless and boneless chicken breast fillets
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 tablespoon of coriander
- 1 tablespoon of sunflower oil
- Get a dish and add the oil (add more if needed), paprika, pepper, thyme, cumin, coriander and onion powder before mixing them together.
- Add the chicken breasts to the dish and turn them over to make sure they’re fully coated with the mixture. Cover and pop into the fridge for about half an hour.
- Heat the barbecue at a high heat, lightly oiling the grill.
- Drain the marinade out of the dish and place your chicken on the hot grill, cooking for 6 to 8 minutes before turning over and doing the same on the other side. The chicken will be ready when the juices run clear, and should have a nice crispy and tasty flavour.
For delicious Cajun chicken every time take a look at our gas barbecues here.