Barbecue Lamb and grilled vegetable salad Recipe
- Serves 4
- 2 corn cobs, cut into 3cm-thick rounds
- 1 bunch asparagus, woody ends trimmed
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and cut into thick strips
- 8-12 lamb cutlets, trimmed
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 teaspoons wholegrain mustard
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 bunch rocket, trimmed
Heat a stovetop grill or barbecue over medium-high heat and spray with oil spray. Cook the corn, asparagus and capsicum in batches until tender and slightly charred. Remove and set aside.
Spray the grill with extra oil and sprinkle the lamb cutlets with salt and cracked black pepper. Cook cutlets for 3 minutes each side or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, heat a small saucepan on low heat. Add the honey, mustard, oil and lemon juice and whisk until fully combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
To serve, arrange the grilled corn, asparagus and capsicum on serving plates with the lamb and rocket. Drizzle with the dressing and serve.
Gas barbecues give you greater control over temperature and cooking time.