Barbecue Portuguese Chicken with Cucumber and Pineapple Salsa
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Portuguese seasoning
- 4 (125g each) chicken thigh fillets, trimmed, halved
- 300g pineapple, peeled, cored, diced
- 1 medium Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh coriander leaves
- Baby rocket and lime wedges, to serve
Combine oil and seasoning in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Add chicken. Turn to coat.
Combine pineapple, cucumber, onion and coriander in a bowl.
Preheat a barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook chicken for 5 to 6 minutes each side or until cooked through.
Serve chicken with pineapple mixture, rocket and lime wedges.
Super saver: Replace chicken thigh fillets with skinless thigh cutlets. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes each side or until cooked through.