Barbecue Prawn & Chorizo Skewers with Mustard and Thyme Dressing
Spicy sausage adds a flavoursome kick to these prawn skewers.
You will need 16 wooden skewers.
- (serves 6)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus extra, for cooking
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 16 green medium prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 x 110g chorizo sausage, cut into 16 slices
- salt and cracked black pepper
- lemon wedges, to serve
Soak 16 wooden skewers in cold water for 20 minutes. Meanwhile, combine mustard, olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl and whisk until well combined. Stir in thyme leaves.
Thread a prawn and slice of chorizo sausage onto each wooden skewer.
Season with salt and pepper. Heat a little oil on a preheated barbecue plate or in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat.
Add the skewers and cook in batches for 4 minutes or until cooked through. To serve, place skewers on a serving platter and drizzle with mustard dressing. Serve with lemon wedges.