Barbecue Sauce Chicken Recipe
- 6 Chicken breast fillers (boneless) – legs and thighs will work fine too.
- 2 cloves of crushed garlic
- ½ Onion (finely chopped)
- 5 table spoons of red sauce
- 2-3 tablespoons of honey
- 1 large dash of Worcester sauce (as you can tell this is a favourite in our household)
- A pinch of both salt and pepper
- 1 and ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar
Barbecue Chicken Top Tip:
Ensure that the chicken does not get burnt by keeping the heat low and avoid adding the sauce until the last few minutes of cooking.
Use a gas barbecue for brilliant heat control.
Next stage is to heat the oil in a frying pan and sauté the garlic and the onion until they are tender.
Stir in the honey, brown sugar vinegar, Worcester sauce, red sauce and salt and pepper and cook for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken.
When this is complete remove from the heat and leave to cool down.
To cook the chicken it is recommended to lightly oil the cooking grill with a small brush. Dip the chicken in the sauce and evenly cost.
Cook the chicken on the grill for about 15 minutes – turning only once during this time before moving the chicken to the frying pan that that still has the sauce in.
Simmer for about 5 minutes on each side ensuring a nice even consistency.
Serve and enjoy!