Barbecue Shish-kebabs Recipe
You will need:
- 800g of Quality Lamb Mince
- 1/2 Red onion (finely chopped)
- Salt and pepper (2 pinches of each)
- 2 Crushed Garlic cloves
- 2 medium chillies (1 red & 1 green)
- ¾ teaspoon of ground cumin
- 2 Large pinches of dried oregano
- 2 sprigs of nicely chopped rosemary
- 4-5 tablespoons of Tandoori powder
- 1 Pinch of hot paprika or chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of Garam masala
- 1-2 tablespoons of butter
This recipe will make a fair amount (20 even size balls) – just increase the amounts for more guests.
Shish Kebabs Top Tips:
Use a gas barbecue for almost instant heat when cooking.
It is sometimes wise to create two separate batches of these very popular BBQ foods as some individuals will either like them or hot – or not.
The easy bit:
- You can use your hands to blend the mixture together although it is advisable with the lamb as it is thicker to go with a decent food processor and blend it together – you will find a more even consistency doing it this way.
- Cover with a clean tea towel and leave in the fridge for about an hour to allow the meat to marinade and keep its shape when cooking.
- Shape the lamb into equal sized portions and choose whether you want balls, patties or sausage shaped kebabs.
- Grill on the BBQ, turning every so often to ensure the meat is cooked thoroughly.
- You can of course simply cook them on the grill although if you want to combine with vegetables then use barbecue skewers and these will hold everything perfectly into place.
Once you have mastered the art of the shish, it is always wise to venture into the land of barbecue chicken as this is a huge party favourite and if cooked and prepared correctly will be commented on for years to come.